Director of Software Development
Location: Huntersville, NC | Department: Product Development | Type: Full Time
Who We Are
IMPLAN is the leading provider of economic impact data and analytical software. For over 40 years, IMPLAN has helped analysts learn how economies function, examine the economic consequences of projects within a region, and even measure the economic contributions of specific industries or firms. By pairing classic input-output analysis and regional social accounting matrices (SAMs) with software solutions, IMPLAN provides users with the most trusted, accurate, and adaptable model for performing specialized economic impact analyses.
Who We Need
This position is responsible for leading our development team to design, modify, develop, and implement software applications and components, focusing primarily on product enhancements addressing vertical- and user-specific pain points. This member will be joining IMPLAN’s Product Development team during the final stages of a re-platforming, with the goal of improving scalability and allowing for increased product enhancement capabilities, supporting growth initiatives in new and existing markets.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serve as a player and a coach, equally contributing to development objectives as well as ensuring team members are following best practices.
- Manage projects, including resource coordination, technical specification definition, and documentation.
- Plan sprints with Product team and coordinate resources on project execution, collaborating with team members and the business to accomplish project goals.
- Lead a development team that develops features and functionality for both new and existing products.
- Oversee Lead Developers responsible for parallel product initiatives.
- Ensure best practices related to software development are followed, including version control and collaboration, CI/CD & Automation, code reviews, test coverage, and maintenance of code base and technical debt.
- Serve as a technical resource and knowledge provider to the business.
- Work with version control and check-in code on a daily basis.
- Lead and oversee software architecture design and planning, in collaboration with the development team.
- Investigate and develop skills in new technologies.
- Communication Proficiency
- Critical thinking and Problem solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Passion for Continual Learning and Strengthen new skills
- Team-focused attitude
- Takes Initiative
- Quality-focused and Attention to detail
- Ability to Self-manage and to Manage others
- Develops and Empowers others
- Comfort working in open and collaborative environments
This position manages all employees of the Development Team and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
Required Education & Experience
- At least 5 years experience in a professional field and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Previous lead developer, engineering manager experience, or equivalent.
- Experience working from use cases, user stories, wireframes, and design mocks, and ability to create technical specifications as needed.
- Experience working with software development and collaboration tools.
- .NET Framework including: C#, ASP.NET MVC, and ASP.NET Web API.
- SQL experience including Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySql, or equivalent.
- Code Coverage with Unit and Integration Testing.
- Experience working in Lean/Agile development.
- Experience with cloud technologies (Amazon Web Services, prefered).
Preferred Education & Experience
- Experience with JIRA/Confluence.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain an exhaustive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the role. Additional responsibilities and duties may change a.) at any time and b.) without notice.
To be considered for this position, apply online or submit your resume to [email protected].