Director of Education Services
Location: Huntersville, NC | Department: Customer Success | Type: Full-time
Who We Are
IMPLAN is the leading provider of economic impact modeling, data, and software. For over 40 years, IMPLAN has helped analysts learn how economies function, examine the economic consequences of projects within a region, and even measure the economic contributions of specific industries or firms. By pairing classic input-output analysis and regional social accounting matrices (SAMs) with software solutions, IMPLAN provides users with the most trusted, accurate, and adaptable model for performing specialized economic impact analyses.
Who We Need
We are looking for a Director of Educational Services who oversees the day-to-day operations of the Educational Services Division. This individual is responsible for the development, promotion, and implementation of all educational and professional development curricula, products, services, and publications. This person is expected to become an effective resource for prospects, customers, and colleagues, and an outspoken advocate of procedural best practices when conducting economic impact analyses. This position reports to the Director of Customer Success.
- Work with the management team to achieve IMPLAN’s overall educational objectives.
- Develop a long-term strategy, timeline, and budget for IMPLAN’s educational initiatives.
- Execute and manage advanced inquiries including Project Consultations, Project Reviews, and Support Packages from IMPLAN users.
- Work with an existing training team to develop an overall curriculum for all IMPLAN University courses and incorporate them into any related materials.
- Work with an existing training team to develop and manage processes by which IMPLAN certification requirements and standards are established and reviewed.
- Partner with the Marketing Department in the overall production of educational documentation and materials.
- Provide economic guidance for new educational content and oversee the development of materials which effectively present and communicate it.
- Serve as staff liaison for all internal education-related committees and subcommittees.
- Work closely with the necessary departments to adopt, employ, and maintain new software tools for tracking IMPLAN courses, credits, and certifications internally.
- Propose, recommend, and become an advocate for continued educational efforts outside of IMPLAN using external resources and providers.
- Determine strategies for developing e-learning modules.
- Oversee the development, production, and launch of a new program of in-person training workshops and educational clinics.
- Foster widespread engagement from clients with our online community by devising new ways to increase that resource’s value and impact to them.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this position has an advanced degree in Economics, is a fast learner, and has a strong passion for providing researchers with relevant and accurate solutions. This person must excel at supervising group efforts, setting high-level goals, and executing hands-on tasks. This individual should strive to be a thought leader for colleagues and researchers on input-output modeling.
Required Skills & Experience
- Prior experience with IMPLAN and/or input-output modeling
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Willingness to adapt and be challenged
- Ability to work with multiple software platforms
- Strong logic, conceptual thinking, and deductive reasoning skills
- Experience meeting tight deadlines
- Effective at evaluating overlapping priorities when directing efforts and assigning resources
- Active listener and avid learner
- Ability to explain complex concepts in detail and with patience
- Fluency in English
Desired Skills & Experience
- An advanced degree in Economics or a closely related field
- Experience with Salesforce CRM, Citrix, and web meeting tools
- Experience teaching classes
- Experience developing curricula
- Experience managing a team
- Foreign language skills
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume to [email protected].