Applied Support Economist
Location: Huntersville, NC | Department: Customer Success | Type: Full-time
Who We Are
IMPLAN is the leading provider of economic impact data and analytical software. For over 40 years, IMPLAN has helped analysts learn how economies function, examine the economic consequences of projects within a region, and even measure the economic contributions of specific industries or firms. By pairing classic input-output analysis and regional social accounting matrices (SAMs) with software solutions, IMPLAN provides users with the most trusted, accurate, and adaptable model for performing specialized economic impact analyses.
Who We Need
We are looking for an Applied Support Economist to join the Customer Success Team at IMPLAN. This position will work collaboratively with IMPLAN’s Data Team and will primarily provide advanced-level support and training to IMPLAN users and to colleagues on the Customer Success Team. In addition to providing accurate and relevant economic expertise and analytical solutions to clients’ challenges, the Applied Support Economist will assist clients who may need support services beyond the scope of the Customer Success Team’s standard support offerings. This position requires an adaptive thinker who can empathize with clients’ needs, address clients’ concerns, and who is comfortable asking questions and receiving feedback from other colleagues and team members. Finally, the Applied Support Economist will contribute to the production of documentation for IMPLAN’s client-facing support website and may also be consulted in the future during the development of new products or services.
The Applied Support Economist will be required to develop a working knowledge of IMPLAN data and all IMPLAN software products. The position requires a passion for supporting a high-touch product and fostering relationships with clients while effectively promoting sales retention and encouraging revenue growth.
- Provide advanced analytical support to IMPLAN users via phone, email, LogMeIn remote sessions, GoToMeeting remote sessions, and the IMPLAN Community Online.
- Assist with training new IMPLAN users.
- Mentor IMPLAN employees.
- Contribute to IMPLAN documentation of analytical techniques and solutions.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this position is a self-motivated, fast learner who enjoys problem-solving, teaching others, and contributing to documentation and the development of new products and services. This candidate is a flexible individual who works effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced, professional environment and who has the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously alongside various team members across all departments of the organization.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Economics or a closely related field
- Experience with IMPLAN and/or input-output modeling
- Expert communication skills
- Collaborative, team-focused attitude
- Passion for providing support and analytical solutions to clients and colleagues
- Experience with problem-solving and conceptual thinking
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Willingness to adapt and be challenged in a professional environment
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work across multiple software platforms
- Excellent logic and deductive reasoning skills
- Active listening and independent learning skills
- Ability to explain complex concepts in detail with patience, empathy, and understanding
- Fluency in English
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience or familiarity with LogMeIn, GoToMeeting, and other web meeting tools
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint
- Foreign language skills
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume to [email protected].